Hi :) Welcome to Inbetween Stations Radio Blog


 

Hosts David Hartley & Merki Ann Bell
 

Welcome to our little night radio group! You can find various broadcasts here from our live radio show called Inbetween Stations Radio. Which is hosted by David Hartley and Merki Ann Bell. The program itself has been coming out of Flagstaff, Arizona since 2009 and typically runs MWF 7:00-900 UTC/ Shortwave 3731 kHz 80 Meterband

If you can't catch us live on the shortwave radio, then you can find many of our previous broadcasts at:

https://soundcloud.com/inbetweenstations

https://archive.org/details/@asleep01

 

Merki Ann Bell



Inspiration can come from many sources-

 It had been a gift from my grandfather when I was younger, an old shortwave radio that I would sometimes take along with me into the West Deserts of Northern Utah. After a long day of hiking. I’d sit there in the twilight of the sheer isolation...endless miles of white, bare earth, and scan the frequencies and listen to all those faraway places, further inviting me to more wild adventures.

 My great-grandfather and grandfather on my father’s side were both very adventurous men. My grandfather himself started out as a mountain guide and map topographer for the government. He later soloed the sea of Cortez in Mexico and the West-coast of Oregon for adventure as a sports fisherman. I remember sailing one day with him through a horrible storm out to sea. His calmness and skill levels in such a dire situation amazed me.

 Before he died, he sent his old Zenith 3000 transatlantic shortwave radio to me. It had been an old receiver that used to sit up on the shelf above his huge desk that was always covered with books and his many drafting and engineering instruments. We’d switch that old radio on, and sit back and listen together as it seemed like the whole mystical, unknown regions of the planet would open up to us.

Thanks, Grandpa for helping to hand me a good and adventurous lifestyle.

Tune into some of my radio adventures at:

https://soundcloud.com/inbe.../the-blood-red-moons-of-august

 

Merki Ann Bell of Inbetween Stations Radio
Merki Ann Bell
 

 


 

 

Comments